Saturday, August 21, 2010

Another 8 Miles

Saturday morning, Casey and I ran 8 miles from my house. The run was quite different from last weekend for many reasons. An important and welcomed one was cooler temperatures and a sun that hid behind the clouds the entire time. Another was it wasn't the flat trail. And yet one more was that we took Gu half way through, which helped fuel the last half.

All in all, everything felt good for me. My legs took a few miles to "wake up" and stop hurting. They were just super tight, feeling like there was pressure in them. Once that was over, I just battled the breathing and being weak. Our first 4 miles was completed in 42:02, which was a great pace. The last half was 42:21...still a fine pace. But I really slowed down every time there was a hill. I couldn't talk because I was breathing so hard. I wanted to stop many times. 10:30 should have felt easier.

I probably dwell on it too much, but I hate feeling so weak and I'm really just very mad and in a funk about it right now. It's not like I haven't done this before for crying out loud. This time should be better, I want it to be better. I am not sure what to do. I know improvement always takes time. I guess I'm just not working hard enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment