Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Lapse!

In posting! Aaaahh!! I think I've just been overly-computerly-stimulated. ly.

Anyway... the last week of July... it's kind of a blur and unfortunately I didn't post anything on my logyourrun log. Not sure how I managed that. :(  All I know is that I ran Tuesday and Wednesday... and I think I ran Thursday? Something ate that part of my brain that was last week. I know I wanted to run Friday, but didn't. Likewise with Saturday - slept too long before having to leave to go up to Perrysburg.

So on to this week then! Starting with Sunday...and kicking off the half marathon training!!! I ran 7.5 miles in Perrysburg. Went down to Sidecut Park and ran on mostly shaded trails and it was AWESOME. I wish I had something like that so close to my own house.

I stretched after that run, but Monday I noticed my right leg was really tight, specifically my hip. Then it flat out hurt like hell. It hurt to walk and lift my leg up when seated while my leg is extended or bent. I wake up every time I move in bed at night because you use that part of your body to propel yourself one way or another. Ouch. I have been here before. It was the cause of my first ever therapy session at Oxford Physical Therapy with Hot Rob. I was training for the Columbus marathon and my hip tightened up like this to the point I couldn't run without it hurting. So I went to therapy, got exercises, poked, e-stemmed, iced and stretched all a few times and everything was fine; I went on training and ran the marathon with no problems. I also learned all about hip flexors, how complicated they are and that my hips in general are weak. So I'm not worried about it, I just have to work on my hips again. Get out the elastic bands and start my side step crawls through the house. I seem to be a lot more high maintenance these days. Must be that over 30 bullshit.

Anyway, I was very very happy with the 7.5 miles! I took Monday off, and Tuesday also, unplanned. Track plans kind of fell apart. Roman was traveling, Shaun had to work, Christen's back hurt and Greg didn't want to go. I wanted to go, but considering my hip, thought it would probably be better to rest another day and get it under control. Which leads us to this morning's run. Casey and I went 4 miles and my hip is fine. It is fine while running - I don't feel a thing. I can feel it now if I try to lift my leg, but I do think it's better than yesterday. I've been stretching and rolling my little heart out, and will continue to do so. Damn high maintenance hip flexors. But I'll take this over the IT band crap any day!! :)

So there - now I'm caught up. Sunday 7.5 and Wednesday 4. Already more miles than I've been running in past weeks! Tomorrow I will probably try to go for an easy bike ride. Just about 15 miles without straining anything but getting my heart rate up. I've been eating better this week, which is a nice change. I'm wondering if I can start dropping weight again, since I've plateaued after Greece. I definitely have room to lose more and then get more toned. We've got 12 weeks until the half, so maybe I can drop 10 more pounds. That would be a super-fit ideal weight for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment