Tuesday, December 7, 2010

45 minutes

Last night I rode for 45 minutes while watching an episode of 30 Days. I waded through all of the crap that is in the 'basement' right now due to the kitchen remodeling. Thankfully my bike is kind of in a clear island and I didn't have to climb over too much or move anything to get to it.

It was just a steady ride. My heart rate was up, probably in the fat burning zone since it wasn't very high. So I guess it was a good workout, but I need get these kind of rides up to 1 - 2 hours. Of course starting at 45 minutes is fine...bum acclimation. It is so cold outside that while I rode, our furnace ran the entire time. I think I must have been doing the ride at the same time the thermostat is programmed to raise the temp a few degrees from the low temps during the day. But still - 45 minutes? It was also cool enough in the garage that I didn't need the fan on me.

I should do some bike maintenance soon. My chain seems a little dry. I never got around to cleaning my bike at the end of the season. I need to learn how to do all the basic stuff, especially now that I'm planning on using my bike more. I also want to see if my computer can be moved to my back wheel so I can get a sense of my work load. I know 18 mph won't really be 18 mph, but I have nothing to gauge against now, and some kind of point of reference would be nice.

Today is another frigid day, a whopping 19ยบ at the moment and it's almost noon. If it isn't windy later, I might throw on the balaclava face mask and do a run. I'm not too excited about it though. Maybe this week will just be biking. These are the days when I wish I had treadmill access.

No comments:

Post a Comment