Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Sniff sniff blow sniff...

I have a code...and my node is stopped up preddy good. ~sniiifff~

It started as a dry cough and then all of the sudden moved to my head. I feel ok, just a little worn out and quite achy, though the achyness may be left over from recently sleeping on an uncomfortable couch one night and laying on the same uncomfortable couch with a sick beagle the next night. Being off this week was good timing I suppose. My chapped lips and nose are more uncomfortable than anything else.

So I haven't worked out. Not that I've been working out consistently anyway. Sigh. It's getting old, me and my not working out.

I've decided I'm going to do the Heart Mini Marathon. It's March 20th. That should be enough to motivate me to train - it's 11 weeks away and an actual race. It's definitely time to start, especially since I haven't been running or biking consistently. I would like to start to get excited about it, but it's difficult given the current 'you better not run' situation with my folks. I know I am excited about it, but I can't be openly excited and happy about it. It's not like me to be quiet about things I'm looking forward to, especially with running. I suppose I should just go ahead and make my appointment with a doc and get that clear bill of health that I think I have. I don't want to get cocky about it. But I am really really hoping I get the "run whatever and however far you want to" from the docs. Then I can openly and confidently live the way I want to with running again. Well, mostly anyway.

And now to lift while Greg plays Forza. Might as well do something.

No comments:

Post a Comment