Work is kind of slow right now, which has been nice. It allowed me to leave early yesterday. Oh but first, as you cans see, it also allowed me to make a new blog header. I was bored so I made a 'winter themed' blog header...trying to embrace this weather - ug. I don't know about it, it definitely doesn't have to stay. It might look a little too feminine or like this is a children's blog? lol Bored with pen and paper and computer and I'm dangerous.
Anyway, work is slow which allowed me to leave early yesterday and spin. I was going to run. It was sunny...cold, but sunny with a bright blue sky. But I am really hating the cold and decided I just wanted to plop myself in front of a movie for a while. Plus I didn't want to lock the dogs back up. They aren't doing so well with the kitchen remodeling project and I felt they'd appreciate some free time.
I decided that The Men Who Stare at Goats was a great lengh- 1 hour 32 minutes. It took me about a half hour to get into the movie to the point where I wasn't constantly fidgeting on the bike and wondering how far along the movie was. This is the mental battle on the trainer. Same kind of thing as what you go through on a treadmill, but a little different. I'm finding that quick entertainment is what I need for a longer ride.
I made it an hour and 5 minutes before I decided I'd had enough mentally. I finished the movie as I stretched. But I'm still happy with the increase from 45 minutes to an hour. I can see doing movie-long-rides on the weekend. A little bit painful yes, but I think I'll be happier when spring comes around and I can ride outside again and will hopefully be in a good starting shape.
No comments:
Post a Comment