Friday, December 3, 2010

Rest

Yesterday I took a day off from the schedule. I wasn't happy about it, but think the kitchen and weather and everything else was catching up to me. After finally finishing up the many many invoices I was behind on, I left work early and painted more in the kitchen...the never ending primer coats. Today I took off work completely and applied coat 3 and coat 4. I didn't do coat 4 on everything, just the lighter areas and walls that I know for sure will be exposed after the cabinets will be up. My arm, especially my wrist, is screaming at me.

I found out Wednesday night that a friend's husband died a couple of weeks ago on the 15th. I used to work with both of them. I am still not 100% certain how he died, but apparently it was either overdose or suicide. From a condolence comment I read on the funeral home's website from an aunt, I'm afraid it was the latter. Either way, it's all very very sad. These past couple of days have been strange and not the happiest. It's as if this news with all it triggers from the past has left a thin film of icky-ness on everything.

But now I'm trying to convince myself to get my butt off the couch and onto the bike seat. I know I'll feel better after I do it and keep telling myself that. So it's time to go change and ride! Think it will just be a steady ride, maybe some Spinflix. Tomorrow the new kitchen appliances come, and I am hoping to get a peaceful, mind-clearing, long run done in the morning before the day of work starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment