It's a new year! Which means new plans and new goals- yay! A clean slate to start training is refreshing.
I have never really been a New Year Resolution maker, but I do like it in the running context. I get a kick out of making plans for running, which I suppose aren't really resolutions. I simply like to think about what's coming up in the next year - what fun things lie ahead to look forward to as well as what I hope for.
First up is the Heart Mini Marathon March 20th.
From now until then I'd like to:
- get a good base on the bike trainer
- get my running mileage back up
- lose some weight
- get into a strength training routine
Then, May 1st is the Flying Pig Half Marathon.
I'm really excited about this race because Daryl and Jessica are going to come down to run it and that means it's going to be a very fun weekend running with friends! I very much enjoy doing races with other people. I want to do well at this race and take my time down from October's half as well. That is my only goal. Well, not so secretly I'd like to not be last among the friends. Oh so sick of being a turtle... We'll see what can be done about that in the next months.
As for the rest of spring and summer, I'm not sure what I want to do. Maybe there will be more biking, or maybe more duathlons. When it was 60º on New Year's Eve, I felt the urge to get outside for a ride. I can't wait to ride on the road again. This year I am definitely going to try to immerse myself more in biking groups. The Monday night rides were really fun, pushing me way more than I push myself. Plus it's just way better to ride with someone. In the fall, I think I would like to do the Columbus marathon again. That was such an amazing experience. We shall see... For now I'm just going to think about the Heart Mini and getting my routine down!
And now a toast...
Here's to a fantastic year ahead. May it be filled with a lot of fun experiences, happy happy smiles, and good times! (pun intended, haha)
No comments:
Post a Comment