Tuesday, January 18, 2011

HMTD8: Lifting

Today I didn't have to be at Givaudan until 10:00, so I thought I might run in the morning. It was warm, and there was a break in the rain. But I ended up deciding against it. I figured giving my rib a little more rest wouldn't be a bad idea. It's going to be warm tomorrow too...maybe I can squeeze it in in the morning. I lifted instead...carefully. It went OK, there were only a few moves that hurt, so I didn't do those.

Walking hurts a little. It's the jarring effect. Last night when I trotted to my car to get stuff out of it for the bike class, I felt my rib. So I'm imagine running might be painful. I will take it slow and see how it goes.

I just emailed my broomball team that I won't be playing Saturday. I don't think it's a good idea because the most pain happens from pressure. So if I was to just get pushed on my chest, which is likely to happen, that would be bad. I'm bummed, but it's not the end of the world. I'm hopeful that it's all getting better, despite what I've read about cartilage fractures. Even if there is a little pain while running, that's ok if it's manageable. We'll see. Perhaps you could call it denial. Running has been very challenging and straight up emotionally painful the past few months. The setbacks are hard, but in some ways make me even more motivated. I'm not sure if that makes sense.

Anyway, here's hoping that a quick run goes well tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment