I took Wednesday off completely. It wasn't exactly intentional, but I knew I'd take either Wednesday or Thursday off. So today, I had to get back out there and decided to do a run.
At first I thought I'd do 4 miles since I had so much time in the morning. I had a 10:00 meeting and nothing to do prior, so that gave me a good amount of relaxing time to fill. I think most of my days are going to be like that coming up soon while I'm at Givaudan (which will be awesome as long as work loads allow for it!) Then I decided maybe I should just do 3. I'm a little paranoid about my IT band flaring up as I'm getting back into the distances.
Three it was, and it was cold. My face was freezing, the rest of me was fine. I saw two women running in my neighborhood as they turned up Townsley right before me - ah! running friends, wait! They were going my pace exactly, but I couldn't catch up to them. I was bummed, it would have been nice to chat with them a bit.
Soon after I turned on Montgomery, my legs stopped working. They were absolutely dead, it was pretty funny. I thought to myself: oh well, this is good practice for pushing at the end of a race! Because that's how I felt. It was bad. I guess the spinning session took a lot more out of me than I thought. I wasn't sore, but just had no power at all. Meh - to be expected as I get back into the swing of things I suppose.
Other than my dead legs, the other notable thing is my abdomen. Wow is it sore. I can't remember if I wrote about it after Tuesday's run, but I have a really bad pain deep in my lower left side - it feels like ripping. Sneezing and coughing (which I tend to do a good amount of) is awful. I can't seem to find it or rub it, but it's there. I'm not sure what I did - maybe breathed too hard or something? It's odd. I hope it goes away soon.
A very hot shower felt very good after that run. I'm glad I got out there despite the unwelcoming temperatures. Having something to train for is definitely helping a little bit with the motivation. And now, I've done three activities this week already which makes me very happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment