Saturday, January 15, 2011

HMTD6: Broomball Does Count

Last week was really horrible in terms of working out :(  I only biked once and never ran. Boo.

Today we had our second broomball game and it was a pretty good game overall. We lost 1 to 0. We played a team that has jerseys and full equipment...all supposedly paid for by the company they work at. Fine fine, that doesn't make you a great team, fancy-pants.

Physically, it was a brutal game–they were really rough. And they cheated. For a few face-offs, they'd start a person on our side. Really? That small of a rink and you think that's necessary...and not obvious? When confronted about it, the girl just giggled. Dumb. Aside from that, the girls on the team were pretty physical. Ada got creamed in the beginning. Sarah was tangled up with a girl and after the girl fell, she grabbed Sarah's foot. ?! I got checked into the wall so hard I had to come off the ice. Really, people, this isn't hockey. We aren't in full gear. Checking wasn't allowed in CBA so I'm sure it isn't allowed in this league. My chest/rib pain was so bad by the time I got home, I decided I should go to the doctor to make sure I can still run, etc. I know that if you break a rib, there's really nothing to do about it except wait, but I just wanted to make sure I could still do things. After being poked and prodded, the doc found the painful spots and determined I have fractured the cartilage where the ribs connect to the sternum. It's cartilage there, while the ends of your ribs are calcium. Soooo... the loosey-goosey diagnosis is take a lot of Advil and don't do anything until I feel better.

Poop.

No comments:

Post a Comment