Tuesday, January 25, 2011

HMTD9: A Wun? Or a Wog?

Either of those titles just sounds like I have a speech impediment. But I would say today's 41 minutes of exercise is worthy of being called a continued day of training.

Today I got up as planned (well, a half hour later than planned) and went out for a walk. I intended to run and walk alternately, keeping my breathing and jarring on my body controlled, and that's what I did for 3.3 miles. For the most part I walked a quarter mile then ran a quarter mile.

I forgot about sidewalks not being cleared, so I ran in the street on Montgomery. On Columbia, I was at my walk time and had a good time trudging through the snow. As soon as I could, I turned back into a neighborhood. The edges of the streets were slick so I had to be careful. And it wasn't as bright out as I thought it would be, despite the snow and F'Ertle lights.

I continued on through the neighborhood. I cheated some times, running longer than .25 mile. I felt pretty good. For the last half mile in my neighborhood I ran the entire way. I got chased by the dogs of the guy at the end of the street who has all the cars. Wait, that doesn't really narrow things down does it. The guy next to the fire station who collects old cars. Ha.

So far so good. Now it's time for a hot shower. I'll see what my rib tells me throughout the day before I get too excited about this. But it felt very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment