Wednesday, February 2, 2011

HMTD10, 11, 12 and 13.

Last Thursday I ran 3.5 miles...and it was awesome!! I felt great. I went out with the intention of doing another run-walk thing. But once I started running, and felt no pain, I just kept going. I had a tiny bit of rib soreness by the end, but nothing unmanageable.

I didn't do anything else until the weekend. Sunday I ran 2.5 and it was pretty awful, lol. Ah the ups and downs. I had a really pounding headache and some bad heartburn. But I was still glad I got out and did it.

Monday night I missed another cycle spin class. I had all intentions of going, but I had soooo much to do for work. I'm behind because of the contracting at the flavor house. I should have caught up on the weekend. :(  Despite my efforts to get everything done during the day, I worked basically all night, but did accomplish a lot and felt less stressed in the end. I vowed I'd run Tuesday morning no matter what, and did.

Tuesday was an icy morning. There were patches of slick spots and then patches of just wet roadway. It kind of became a fartlek of sorts: runrunrunrunrun....woah slow down, careful, slipslipslip ....runrunrunrunrun and repeat :)   I started out pretty easy. I ran on the street paralleling ours for some different scenery. I'm already tired of running from the house and I haven't even been running that much! After I turned around, I decided I would push a little bit. I got my pace down from near 11s to 10:24, so not sure how fast I was going. I was happy when I got back, but still feel like I could have pushed more.

And now, it's wonderful Wednesday.   This morning I wanted to run again, but it is CRAZY cold and windy outside! All night I kept waking up from the ice that was raining down from the big tree in the front yard. As the temperatures warmed and the wind began to gust, chunks of ice from the branches fell on the roof. It sounded like rocks were being dumped on the roof. That made for not a good night's rest, oh well. I was also feeling a little more sick this morning, but I got on the bike anyway. I rode pretty easy while watching 30 Days. I did make sure I had my heart rate up though.

Tomorrow after work I'm heading downtown to run with Greg's running group. His company has joined with a few other companies for some fitness classes and programs. He volunteered to lead a running group after work since there was one before work but a lot, if not all, of the people don't have access to showers. It's unclear if anyone is actually going to do it. I am excited to maybe be able to run with someone. So far it is Greg, Roman might join since he's already down in Covington, and Greg's co-worker Joe who ran cross country at Ball State. I hope Greg makes route slips!

No comments:

Post a Comment