It was a beautiful, sunny, slightly chilly Saturday morning – perfect for a run. Unfortunately, my run wasn't as nice as the weather. Wow I am just beat! Looking back at everything I did this past week, starting with skiing last Saturday, I am not surprised the run didn't go as well as I hoped.
Right from the start, I was struggling – huffing and puffing and my legs ached. I knew it wasn't going to be pretty, but really wanted to get the miles in today anyway. Tomorrow it's supposed to rain I believe.
I went out to Landen Park and back. Every single hill, or slight incline rather, was a struggle. It was amazing. And I think it was so bad it was just funny to me. This certainly isn't a reflection of my running ability right now, so I guess it didn't bother me too much.
My pace fell from 10s to just over 11s - awful! I was surviving. The past 7 days have been filled with great exercise: skiing Saturday, run Sunday, bike Monday, lift Tuesday (only real day off), run Wednesday, run Thursday and 2 hours of broomball late last night with a bunch of high school kids. This all after having week after week of inconsistency and missed workouts. Hmmm, no wonder 6 miles didn't go as planned :) This afternoon I took not one but two short naps. I'm absolutely exhausted. I know the feeling. It's been a while.
That being said, I'm super happy with the consistency I've had. Though it was a very slow and achy week, I got out there and finally feel like I'm beginning to work.
I'm definitely taking a day off tomorrow – probably just lift. Then we'll see how next week goes. I look forward to some improvements and feeling like my running self again.
No comments:
Post a Comment