Wednesday, February 9, 2011

HMTD16: 11 degree run

It was c-c-cold this morning. 11 degrees to be exact. But I had to run because in the evening our parents are visiting for my dad's birthday. So I just had to bundle up like crazy. I found my balaclava and wore many layers.

I wanted to do 4. Actually, I started out wanting to do 6, but ran out of morning time thanks to a pretty pathetic icing of my dad's cake I made. After running a bit, my left leg seized up and hurt really bad. Not sure if it was the weather, being tired, low on iron or dehydrated. Lots of possibilities there, but the bottom line was it wasn't going well. I stopped to stretch. Then decided 3 was good enough today.

I was so cold by the end. My belly and wrist were numb. Other than that, everything was warm. I didn't breathe through the balaclava for very long. It felt too restricting. The cold weather didn't hurt my lungs or anything, so that's good. A hot shower afterwords felt wonderful...but I was itchy in the spots that got super cold. Not sure how many more layers I would have needed!

I really wish it would warm up...at least to 30. That would feel like a heat wave!

No comments:

Post a Comment