| 5-10 minutes | Ride comfortably, an easy, aerobic warm-up |
| 10 minutes | 5 x (30 second with the right leg doing most of the work, 30 seconds where the left leg does most of the work, 60 seconds with both legs working to form smooth, relaxed circles) |
| 12 minutes | 4 x (both legs working for 30 seconds at 90 rpm, 30 seconds at 100 rpm, 30 seconds spinning at more than 100 rpm (keep your fanny from bouncing off of the bicycle seat with controlled, high speed spinning), recover with 1:30 of easy spinning) |
Main Set (20-30 minutes)
Repeat the set below 2 or 3 times:
| 2 minutes | Zone 2 intensity (recover with easy spinning in Zone 1 for 2:00) |
| 1 minute 30 seconds | Zone 3 intensity (recover with easy spinning in Zone 1 for 1:30) |
| 1 minute | Zone 4-5a intensity (recover with easy spinning in Zone 1 for 1:00) |
| 30 seconds | Zone 5b intensity, powerful riding seated or out of the saddle standing (recover with easy spinning in Zone 1 for 0:30) |
Cool Down
| 8-13 minutes | At a low resistance, spin easy at Zone 1-2 intensity |
I saw an article on indoor training in a newsletter I get and this one looked pretty good and simple. It's from Gale Bernhardt, whose a trainer and I have a book of hers. I'm not all that into the zones, just use them as guidelines. I especially like the leg spin exercises in the warm-up because I think I still tend to mash the pedals a bit.
The main set is kind of like what I did at the Trek store the night I went, only those intervals were 15 second increments rather than 30 and it was most of the workout.
No comments:
Post a Comment