Thursday, February 24, 2011

HMTD24: A painful but great run

The sun peeked out low and gold in the sky right as I stepped outside to get in a run Wednesday after work. It was a run that was good and bad all at the same time. The good: my pace. It felt easy to go the 9:50 pace. After a series of very slow exhausting runs, this helped a lot. The bad: my legs hurt soooo bad! I must be dehydrated or low on iron or both. Yikes. They just ached and ached the entire time, like shin splits for my entire leg. I am not sure if I would have been any faster if they hadn't hurt, but I am really happy with that pace considering that pain and my mystery side pain.

The house at the corner with the pet goose made me laugh. The son was outside hitting golf balls in the yard...and their pet goose was right beside him. Like a dog. I can't wait to see the guy in his driveway when it's warmer – I'm going to ask the story of this goose.

I passed quite a few non-pet geese on my jaunt down Montgomery road. They honked loudly at me. One looked like it has been playing in traffic too many times. There are so very many geese, but the ones with broken wings or missing feet stand out as unique characters. I see them year after year. I haven't seen the white goose that hangs with the Canadians yet this year though. Kind of sad...I wonder if it moved on or became a statistic. I have thought about making a poster/picture kind of thing about the geese. I think it could be called "The Geese of Landen" or something goofy. They could all be arranged like a movie poster, all facing forward layered in the foreground, midground and background...while standing around a pond with a dumb fountain in the middle. Yes, I do think I'm going to have to draw this one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment