Thursday, February 3, 2011

HMTD14: Downtown Run

Tonight I drove downtown after an absolutely hellish day of work. Verdict is in, I cannot be 2 places at once. :(  Trying to keep C happy and not overworked while trying to not flip a lid myself over some client emails, all while I was supposed to be doing my work at the flavor house made for a pretty sucky day. I had a few times where I had to just get up and take a walk. I couldn't wait to run.

But first there was traffic. And pot holes.

I finally made it safely, screaming my head off to some music to keep me sane. I parked in the BHDP guest parking lot and waited for the big group of two runners to come down. It was Greg and Joe. Joe's very nice, I've met him at happy hours. He also ran cross country for Ball State. F-a-s-t.

So that meant I was on my own. Joe politely said he would run any pace, but I didn't want to make the Thursday night run suck for him and then he wouldn't want to do it again because he had to run with Greg's slow wife. Greg said he had a hard time keeping up with him. Thursdays are Joe's easy days, so I think it worked out for him to run with Greg. And Greg will benefit running with him since he's faster.

The route went down to the stadium and along the river, then back up and by the rest of the stadiums before turning around and heading back on third. Joe and Greg became distant specs, and with all the turns, I had lost them by the time we were by the Freedom Center. I might have pushed myself a little bit, it kind of felt like it. I forgot my watch, so I have no idea what my pace was.

It's too bad more people aren't interested, regardless of pace. I'm sure it would be cool to have a bunch of people do a route. Maybe the next weeks will be different. As for me, I guess I can look forward to a different running venue at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment