Wednesday, January 12, 2011

HMTD5: Slow Biking

I rode for 42 minutes this morning while watching another episode of 30 Days. I can't ride to music until the new receiver comes. The current receiver, from the 70s, seems to be pushing a lot of bad noise through any speakers we have hooked up. Even when everything is just on and nothing is playing, crackles and static comes through randomly. Last week I thought for sure the speakers I was using were blown...the tell-tale blaatt! came out during a song that had bass. But upon further testing (hooking those speakers up to the good receiver in the living room), Greg thinks the old receiver is the culprit. SO that's good: speakers are fine. While all this was developing, Greg also found a new receiver he wants. He's been wanting a new one for quite some time. It's ordered. Convenient timing. Soon I will be able to listen to music again, as we'll replace the old 70s receiver with the living room receiver. I think I've said receiver way too many times.

So anyway, 42 minutes of Morgan Spurlock in a coal mine. It was interesting. I kept the biking easy. My heart rate was up but I wasn't breathing hard. My legs hurt. Not sure if it was the last of the broomball soreness escaping or what. And climbing the steps to my studio this morning hurt too.

I really need to look at my bike. I am pretty certain my chain is too dry. Last night I was hoping to go to a free bike clinic that Cycle Sport is putting on. Tuesdays at 6 they have a different subject they cover for different levels. Last night was general bike maintenance. It got canceled because of the weather, unfortunately, but supposedly will be rescheduled. Next week is how to fix a flat, which I can also very much benefit from since I suck/fail at that. Then the following week is chain maintenance - how to recognize chain wear, how to clean and lube, what products to use, how to use a chain tool, etc. Sounds awesome, but I think I'll lube up my chain prior, the way I've been doing it. I don't think it can go 2 more weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment