Well, it's Saturday, and I hadn't done anything since last Saturday. As mentioned briefly in the previous post, I pulled my lower back while working on my bike. It ended up being really bad and left me unable to do anything for a week. And what a long week it was. I hate that I missed a week of training, especially after two very good and promising weeks. Oh well, challenges are good.
The turning point in my back getting better was finally going to the doctor and getting pain meds and a muscle relaxer. It would have probably gotten better faster if I could have just taken a day off completely and slept on the drug. But I took it every night, and with each pill, it got better. Once again, I am reminded how fortunate I am to live without chronic pain.
So, today my back just feels like it's sore from shoveling or yard work, so I ran 3.8 miles. I didn't expect my run to go well at all. Not only was I not biking or running last week, but I was barely moving. I couldn't walk upright and did as much activity as one does while having the flu. However, I managed to run easily at a 10:20 - 10:30 pace and got it down to 10:12 by the end. About half way through the run I stopped to stretch, and then got a wonderful rejuvenation which caused me to pick up the pace on the way back very nicely.
I am really happy to be feeling almost 100% again. It's been a very discouraging week.
No comments:
Post a Comment