This morning I ran 4 miles. There really isn't anything too special about the run. It was a pleasant cold temperature. I felt pretty good. Had some hard times breathing. Things are growing, if anyone is wondering. My lungs were full of it and I was hacking for about 2 hours after the run.
I went down Montgomery Road and then into the neighborhood that is behind the old Shell station. I haven't been back there in a while. There are some really cool homes and some really awful homes – quite a mix. It's pretty entertaining to look at.
First, coming into the neighborhood, there is a house on the left whose owners must LOVE black and white. The driveway going to the attached garage is a checkerboard of black and white tiles. The driveway to the detached garage in the back is painted white. There are a bunch of yard knick-knacks that are all painted black and white, such as a little fake well. The entire house is trimmed in black and white, and brick is white. The mailbox is too. It's pretty crazy. I don't even think I've seen all of it while I run past. It's kind of like trying to look at a house with too many lawn ornaments: you simply can't take it all in.
There is an absolutely gorgeous dark wood siding house that is tall and new with a 3-car garage. It had to be a case where they tore down the previous home and built this one. I love love the color of the wood. I imagine it's a lot of maintenance, but it looks so welcoming and cozy (even though it's a large house).
On the back stretch of road is a house that looks like it's trying to be in Florida. It's peach, and there are facade walls in the front to make kind of a court yard. It reminds me of a small scale house that could be seen from our apartment in Florida. There is also a humongous water feature off to the right. It's so big and odd looking – as tall as the house!
Those are the ones that stand out to me now. It's just funny to me how unique so many of the houses are from one another. And it kept me entertained looking around and thinking about them. That neighborhood's loop is about 1 mile. So tacked on to the 1.5 to the Shell station, it was a perfect 4 miles when all done.
I saw today in my facebook feed that the Heart Mini is 13 days away. Huh.
No comments:
Post a Comment