What a short week... at least it feels that way. Thursday is nearly over, and the weekend is almost upon us. 4 day weeks are awesome, and I would love to have the option for 4x10s. ah well...
Spinning. I was pretty bummed about not having a monday class, I really have started to look forward to it. Ready to make up for the lost time, I got myself mentally focussed before class and went in ready to work hard. Our music selection was again a throw-back mix. A collection that we listened too when I first started attending the class. It was the Slumdog Millionair mix with Green Day, MIA, Muse and others. Even though it has likely been months since we've used the mix, I could instantly recall the transitions and know when and how to push myself. And...it was a sweat-fest. Most days it takes a few songs for me to warm up and start sweating, but today was different. It was the end of the first song and I saw the drops falling off my brow. I guess I warmed up fast today. By the end of class, there was a full-blown puddle under me. I was actually a bit self concious about it, but I guess there's not much I can do about it. It was a good workout, and I pushed really hard today. One side note... Karen told me she had swapped out my bike for one in the back row. It had something to do with some clicking in the mechanism, and it was driving her nuts. The back row is always full, and I may be the only one that actually sits front and center in her classes. Any-hoo, The resistance knob was MUCH more sensative than on the the bike I've been using for the last few months. It was pretty rough going at times. I was way over geared most of the time. Occasionally Karen will point to the chart on the wall, and say something like, " Ok, I want everyone in the 6-7 range." Innevitably I would be at 8 or 9. I took it as a further challenge. Like I told Karen after class last Thursday... I've only got 45 minutes in class, and I'm not going to waste it going half effort.
No comments:
Post a Comment