Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Track Turned into Lifting

Track wasn't meant to be tonight, for a few reasons I guess. Greg was going to look at a motorcycle, which would make him pretty late (as in "see you guys for the cool down" late). Roman had to drive from Covington, in the rain, pick up Erin to get their produce co-op, then drop Erin off at the VW dealership... oh and it was raining. Me...well, I am not going to complain. I suppose my knee could use another day of rest after the duathlon. The rain did not keep me away, but I wasn't going to persist on doing a track workout on my recovering legs. And so, instead, I lifted and we had dinner with Roman later at BW3's

Newsflash: BW3's has new DRY sauces rubs! I had Chipotle BBQ on my 6 wings, and it was fantastic!

Lifting.
I did my normal circuit that I learned in high school... then threw in some other stuff on the ball and some leg therapy stuff. It wasn't bad. I'm calling this my first lifting session. And let's make me make it a regular thing. Tuesday really does work out because track is in the evening. Or Monday. And then Friday. I'm just spurting out days of the week, aren't I. Babbling.

I did this circuit twice. All with dumbbells

Curls - second set I did concentration curls (15)
Vertical Row (15)
Shoulder Press (15)
Tricep Extension - standing first set, bent over second set (15)
Lateral Raise - bent over first set, standing second set (20)
Bent Over One Arm Row (15/20)
----
Hip Side Leg Raises - standing (20 each leg)
Chest Press on the ball (15)
Crunches (15)
Standing holding ball twists (50 fast)
Ball pass overhead on floor - for abs (20)
Squats, no weight (30)

So, that was lifting. Time to ice my knee for the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment