My month of December is dedicated to getting back on the wagon and nailing the routine. The weather has changed. Wasn't I just writing about running in a t-shirt and shorts?
This much I know about my routine so far: Spinning = great. It can be difficult to get to the class because of work, but I've found that I just need to get up early that day so I have a couple of hours in the office before the class and it's fine and stress-free; it's kind of like an early lunch. Some days it just won't work, but I've already been telling people I'm unavailable for meetings during that time when they've come up. It's my time and if I don't tell people it's mine, they'll steals it from me! My precious!
Anyway. There's another spinning class on Thursday to which I still haven't managed to go. I'm planning to tomorrow, as long as I eat all my green beans and finish my work tonight.
Running. Ah running. I'm not too worried about it right now. I'm still very focused on figuring out my leg pain. But I'm also focusing on getting stronger and losing weight. I think those three things together will give me good results by the end of December.
I made a training schedule. I guess I'll put it up at the top of the main page? It's from now until the Heart Mini Marathon. I'm sure it will get adjusted. There's a lot of running on there, but I'm OK with subbing those days with other workouts. I just need to do something and lose weight.
So far this week has gone well:
Monday 11/28/11
3.0 mile run
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Surface: treadmill - it was pouring rain outside and cold.
Terrain: flat
Shoes: Brooks f'uglies
Overall pace: I don't want to talk about it. 5.5 - 6.0 and it felt like I was sprinting :(
Pre-run
- Walked for a bit
Run
- No lower leg pain until I stopped to stretch. How about that...makes NO sense.
- Legs seemed to feel better when I was going a quicker pace.
- All I could focus on was how much I hate treadmills and the pain I was feeling.
- Heart rate was around 184 and I was hurting. Felt so weak.
Post-run
- Walked for cool-down
- Stretching on floor
Tuesday 11/29/11
45 minute Spinning Class
Time: 9:30 a.m.
Instructor: Linda
Breakfast: an orange and Hawaiian roll
Previous Night:
- don't remember...
Pre-Spin:
- Stretched on a mat for about 10 minutes.
- Spinned on a bike for about 10 minutes before class started.
Spin:
- No lower leg pain.
- The class was really hard. I was struggling quite a bit.
Post-Spin:
- Typical class cooldown stretching.
No comments:
Post a Comment