When I got home from work yesterday, I decided to do a workout video I found on Hulu Plus a while back. I know. A workout video. It sounds so cheesy to me. I should be wearing a bright turquoise leotard with super high-cut leg openings, hose underneath and leg warmers. And white Reeboks.
There is an entire season 1 of Self videos meant to tone and slim, yadda yadda. I didn't have much hope for it, but just wanted to move around a little more. I was pleasantly surprised. The video was simple. The music was very faint and simple in the background, just enough to provide rhythm for counts. And there were three women outside on a wood platform in front of the ocean. No cheesy carpeted studio room.
I think the title of this episode was Bikini Slim and Trim or something like that. It started with normal warmups and then weights were used for the rest of it until plyometrics. It totally kicked my butt! There were plenty of arm exercises and legs and standing ab exercises as well.
My legs were a bit shot from spinning. And today, my hip is kind of wonky. I'm going to walk at lunch rather than run.
I can see doing these videos in the morning or after work. So easy to fit in, and if they are all like this first one, definitely worth the time. Weakling that I am, it is pretty clear that I can really benefit from these isolated kinds of exercises. I am glad I did this before going to the strength class at the gym next Monday...yikes. It's going to be rough! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment