OK. So since I'm at a loss for what is causing my leg pain, which is negatively impacting my running enjoyment, I've decided to track the hell out of myself for a few weeks and see if anything comes to light. Hopefully it does, or it just gets better with consistency. If not, I will have details for a doc. :/
3 mile run
Time: 1:15 pm.
Surface: mostly brick sidewalk
Terrain: gently rolling hills, no big climbs
Shoes: Brooks F'uglies ;)
Overall pace: 10:43 min/mi
Breakfast: English muffin with egg and cheese, coffee, water
Pre-run:
- Walked briskly a few minutes. Both lower legs started to hurt immediately with that.
- Before running, I rubbed a little and felt how tight they were. Outside tight, especially on right leg.
Run:
- First 1.5 I took very easy, over 11 min/mile pace.
- Breathing was light, but the run didn't feel easy.
- First 1.5 miles was painful, lower right leg only. 5 out of 10 on pain scale (10 worst).
- At 1.5 miles I stopped and walked a few minutes. Stretched calves and hamstrings.
- Last 1.5 miles I picked up the pace. Leg still tight but stopped hurting.
Post-run:
- Walked for cool down.
- Right leg still tight, but barely any pain. Just the remnant that hurt really bad a few minutes ago.
- Stretching: hamstrings, glutes, hips, quads
No comments:
Post a Comment