I had planned to run at lunch today, but it kept pouring rain intermittently. And I knew that the afternoon was going to clear up, so I waited...and was treated to a lovely, breezy, warm fall run. And, I was able to see that the traffic on the way home is already bad...so highway it is! :)
The route I went was out the studio and north on Montgomery Road. It's hilly. The hills got me, like they do. I should plan to do regular runs at Sharon Woods this winter. Seems like a perfect "get your hills in" place, though it is a bit scary in the winter. Not many people.
I took it easy. My right leg seized up, which doesn't seem to have anything to do with speed, but who knows. I had to walk a couple of times because it hurt so bad. I stretched at the 1.5 mile turn around and started running back. It gradually stopped hurting and I ran the entire way back. My over all pace was 10:27. Obviously not what I want, but I'm starting here!! :)
So, woohoo! First run after the half... I'll go ahead and label challenging, but a success!
No comments:
Post a Comment