Sunday, November 13, 2011

Windy Day...Sucky Run

This morning I started out with Greg to do a 3 mile run. I was hoping for a good run but the leg pain was back in full force, both legs and really bad. At a mile, I stopped to stretch. When I started running again, my legs and feet felt like paddles. Biomechanically everything felt wrong. So I bagged it and turned around while Greg continued to get his 3 in.

On the way back I stopped a few more times to stretch, but nothing worked. The pain was so bad I was wincing. The pain with whatever is going on in my lower legs is always very bad. It feels like my legs are trying to rip open, starting on the outer sides. Today's was a 9 out of 10 on the pain scale, while usually it's probably a 6 or 7.

I picked it up at the very end, trying to stretch things out. I was happy to be done at 2.3 and hobbled through my cool down walk until eventually I could walk normal.

So frustrating. I have no explanation. This just happens or doesn't happen for no reason I can yet see.

For the next three weeks starting now, I'm just going to focus on 3 mile runs, and cross-training, and consistency...and we'll see if that gets me anywhere.

2 comments:

  1. what state are your shoes in? that really sounds like the shin pain i get sometimes...mine seems to be random though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are newer - got them in the summer and just didn't run that many miles on them. It happened when they were brand new as well. At first I thought maybe it was the new shoes (different from my last brand, but still I was fitted for them and they are the same genre [cushioning]), but it's so inconsistent.

    I'm going to try more consistency and see if that helps anything. If it doesn't, maybe I'll get new shoes anyway. The only other thing I can think of is that there is something else wrong with me that manifests by causing severe muscle seizure...maybe something in my diet or ?

    ReplyDelete