Thursday, June 14, 2012

Spinning!

Melanie went to a spinning conference at the end of May and has apparently come back with some awesome cycling workouts. I missed last week, but made it this morning. We did some sort of interval training that had a name I think, but I missed what it was. I want to write this workout down because I think it was great heart rate training and great strength/endurance training.

5 minute warmup with some surges to get the heart going.

GROUP 1: seated flats with added gear.


1st set: 50 seconds each. 
1.) Flat at 80 - 100 rpm
2.) Add gear, keep cadence 80 - 100 rpm
3.) Add gear, keep cadence 80 -100 rpm
4.) 60 seconds to recover before 2nd set at same rpm.
** each interval should add 10 - 15 beats to the heart rate.

2nd set: 60 seconds each.
1.) Flat at 80 - 100 rpm
2.) Add gear, keep cadence 80 - 100 rpm
3.) Add gear, STAND in 3 AND RUN, keep cadence 80 -100 rpm
4.) 90 seconds to recover before 3rd set.

3rd set: 120 seconds each.
1.) Flat at 80 - 100 rpm
2.) Add gear, keep cadence 80 - 100 rpm
3.) Add gear, STAND in 3 AND RUN, keep cadence 80 -100 rpm
4.) 2 minutes to recover before next group.


GROUP 2: hill climbs with added gear.


1st set: 50 seconds each.
1.) Seated hill at 60 - 80 rpm
2.) Add gear, keep cadence 60 - 80 rpm
3.) Add gear, keep cadence 60 - 80 rpm (I think we stayed seated)

2nd set: 60 seconds each.
1.) Seated hill at 60 - 80 rpm
2.) Add gear, keep cadence 60 - 80 rpm
3.) Add gear, STAND in 3, 60 - 80 rpm

3rd set: 120 seconds each.
1.) Seated hill at 60 - 80 rpm
2.) Add gear, STAND in 3, 60 - 80 rpm
3.) Add gear, STAY STANDING, 60 - 80 rpm


SPRINTS.


Did a total of 3 times the following:
1.) 15 seconds slight road, 100 rpm
2.) Add gear 15 seconds out in 3 run
3.) 15 seconds seated with no changing of the gear
4.) Back down with a little recovery before doing 2 more times.

No comments:

Post a Comment