Thursday, May 31, 2012

3 miles from the studio

I was pretty tight and sore when I got up Wednesday morning. So, since the weather cooled off, I decided I'd do a lunch run from the studio. But work was pretty crazy...and I sat around in my running gear all day...until about 4 when I was finally able to escape.

I did 3. I started off pretty quick, but a little over a mile, my calf tightened up. I'm not surprised since I basically ran out of the office and didn't stretch at all. So I stopped and stretched then kept going. It wasn't pretty. Mile 1 was 10:34, mile 2 was 11:08. I stopped at the half way point and stretched some more. I felt sluggish.

On the way back I tried to pick it up a bit. Mile 3 was 10:24, so I did manage to pick it up somewhere in there.

So this 3 mile run was way slower than the 8 done Sunday. I am not sure why I can't get my shorter runs faster. Maybe it'll just be some more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment