Wednesday, May 16, 2012

3.1 miles makes 4 consecutive days in a row

This morning my body said, and I quote, "aarrrggghhhh, uuuuuugggg, pfft, uuuuuuaaaahggg". So I listened to it and patiently packed my workout bag with my running things.

While it was a balmy and near 80ยบ I set out for an easy 3. I didn't do my pre-run routine. Well, I did the inhaler...then got sucked back into work...then got really hungry and said, "I have to go now!"  I quickly changed and just went out there.

Surprisingly to me, my legs didn't hurt. I took it easy, my breathing was rough - the tired kind, not from the asthma, and about half way through, I stretched just to be on the safe side. I enjoyed the downhills way more than the ups.

So that's it! I'm so happy that I've been so consistent this week. It's mind over matter for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment