I've been spinning this year, pretty regularly. And I have been looking forward to going for a bike ride. I just haven't done it, even with all this early nice weather.
Tonight I did. I didn't run this morning because I slept terribly last night, waking up every hour, flipping all night. It was miserable. I went to work skipping the run believing it probably wouldn't go well.
Instead I came home from work and got the bike out. I only went 14 miles, but I was clipping along at a pretty good pace. I would say that spinning has helped my bike legs more than my run legs. I was usually going 16.5 - 17.5 and was over 18 for a while, maxing out at 19.4 All of this was pretty easy to medium effort. So, that's interesting.
Perhaps I'll keep biking in my training for the marathon. I'm definitely keeping spinning. But biking gives another level of endurance over strength that spinning definitely doesn't provide. We'll see how it goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment