Wednesday I didn't intentionally not workout. I slept horribly and took a bit to get into work. I figured I'd run in the evening before the patio estimator came to the house. It would be a good time-killer between not working and eating.
However, those plans changed when Greg set up an impromptu go-karting trip in the afternoon! Awesomeness. I rode my motorcycle over from the house. It is a very nice drive. I was kind of stressed out about getting lost though.
By the time we were done and I was back to the house, it was 7...when the estimator arrived. So no workout.
Today I got up pretty early even with little sleep. I need a new pillow maybe and I don't know what else. I go to bed wide awake and fall asleep reading, but that doesn't last for long. I toss and turn all night, waking fully about every hour. It's getting old. Anyway, I started working in the "office" with the idea that I'd go to spinning at 10:15 then run afterwords then go in to the studio. But I was in a much needed groove with work and I just didn't feel like going. So instead, I opted for a 4 mile run outside at about 1:00. It was nice and sunny by then. The air was warm, but there was at least a breeze. This weather is so nice. I love it. Windows open, birds chirping, frogs croaking (we have a lot of frogs this year)...I'm trying to soak it all up before the 90s and humidity are upon us.
My run wasn't too great. I felt sluggish right away and my legs were tight. I know I need to stretch more tonight. I stopped a few times to stretch or just walk. I just didn't feel right. Meh. At least I got the miles in I suppose. But I'm thinking tomorrow I might opt for a bike ride in the morning instead of running. I'm pretty sore from karting though...mostly in my back. So maybe biking isn't the best idea...hmmm.
Three day weekend ahead. I'm happy about that. I'm looking forward to yard work and finishing the path off the deck. Just when my back stops being sore, I should make it sore again! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment