The gym...it's been a while. I hadn't been to a spinning class in two weeks. I've ridden my road bike within that time, but that is different.
Linda subbed for Melanie today, who was out somewhere doing a spinning conference. It was a pretty good class. She had a new playlist that I thumbed up when she asked, but really, wasn't too motivated by it. I'm just a bit sick of the poppy stuff right now. Bleh.
We did some warm-up jumps and then a couple climbs. Then we did a climb with fast cadence "downhills" (about 27 cadence on whatever cadence scale they use). That was different. More climbs and then sprints at the end.
The class felt rough to me. I just felt tired, but it was OK. Good class, I feel worked, and I have refueled with a #12 Beach Club no mayo unwich from Jimmy Johns :)
The gym usually has some person or event that makes me giggle while I'm there. Today it was the woman in the locker room who I haven't seen in a while. She's probably in her late 50s, has white hair, smells of cigarette smoke and usually brings her mother in to do some training with the trainers. They're cute :) But today...she was 80% darker! Guess she's hit the tanning beds hard core! I came around the corner from the showers to see her putting on some sort of girdle? All that was covering her leather-colored skin was some black granny panties (I honestly didn't know they made black granny panties), and the girdle contraption.
Ah, the gym. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment