Today was...THE FIRST OFFICIAL TRAINING DAY FOR THE COLUMBUS MARATHON! Wooohoooo!!
So, training was officially kicked off with a hot, sunny, 6 mile run through Landen.
I spent about 45 minutes stretching before the run. I was soooo tight from all of the yard work! Not only my back, but my legs. I rolled, rubbed, did my calf raises and stretched. I did the pigeon pose from yoga and feel like that helped my hips a lot.
Casey arrived and we set out. It was hot. We didn't take water because I thought we'd be fine to just get water in the park at about the half way point. But it was hot. We survived, but by the time we were to the park, I was definitely thirsty.
It was a rough feeling run. It felt like so much effort to just go the speed I was going. My breathing was rough, I felt tired...but I wasn't surprised. I had worked out 5 out of the 6 past days and knew the yard work put me back some. But that is all great! I also realized that so much of the run is mental for me. I'd speed up when I was distracted and not able to think about how hard I was breathing and how not strong I felt (couldn't focus on the not-so-great stuff). So that was pretty interesting to learn... Also I had no signs of my calf pain!!! I couldn't even really get it to hurt pre-run with my calf raises. So that's a great sign.
So, a good first pre-week and a fine 6 mile run in the sun today. I am excited to start the work and train for this baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment