I took Monday off. I was pretty beat up from the weekend's yard work, and I think the heat that I sat around in Sunday also contributed. In the evening I did yard work but it was the riding mower, so I don't think that counts :)
Today I groggily got out of bed and got ready for 3 miles. I barely stretched and forgot to take my inhaler. Getting back into the swing of the morning run routine is kind of funny.
It was a very pleasant morning: cool and cloudy. I took it easy and was a bit wheezy, but not too bad. Patsy the neighbor yelled good morning to me out her car window as she drove by, which made me smile. I didn't see any goose babies, but did see a couple robin babies. And an old woman that lives on our street clucked something at me about why would you do that as she crossed the road to her mailbox. She's made funny comments to me before. Unfortunately I didn't understand her, so I only laughed and said 'morning.
I stretched half way through because my lower back hurt pretty bad. When I bend over, pain shoots down my legs. I need to stretch it more. Overall, it was a slow, heavy legged run. But I did it and I'm sure it was helpful for this 'get up in the morning' thing. When I got back, I made coffee, stretched, poured the finished coffee into my travel mug, showered, made breakfast and went to work. That was a nice flowing routine. I like routine in the morning, and think that I've missed it.
Yoga tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment