Sunday, July 15, 2012

15 miles in the bank!

Today we ran....15 miles! And it was great!!

Jenny joined us again. Maybe it was because I remembered my watch, or maybe it was because Casey could be there this time to help with the pace, but it was much better. We went out slow. Eventually our pace was averaging 10:50 for many miles. At 11, our last stop, we were at 10:50. But then, for those last four miles, something I never thought would happen happened: negative splits. We sped up.

So, turns out pacing slower, having a few good consistent weeks, and cooler weather can go a long way to make a long run awesome. 15 miles at 10:42 pace. I'll take it.

Afterwords, we had some post-run recovery protein drinks that Casey brought, and then I had to have an iced coffee. It was all a delicious end to a fantastic run. And this was the farthest Casey has ever ran!! And, after a terrible couple weeks of getting back pain figured out - pretty awesome.

I might just be excited, and those 15 miles still might have just been an amazing combo fluke thing, but I really am beginning to think that I am getting better. We are 99 days out from the marathon...and I just ran 15 miles that felt like I ran 6. Amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment