Thursday, July 12, 2012

Keep on truckin'

I'm not sure where that phrase comes from, but I think that's what I'm doing this week.

Today I spinned for the first time in a few weeks. It was a good interval class. I was hoping for better music though. It was all 15-30-40 second chunks of different things- hills, sprints, climbs out of the saddle, surges in general.

I have been pretty consistent lately and I'm really happy about that. Today at the gym I thought about weight training again. (It's hard not to while sitting outside of the spin studio, facing the weight lifting area). I am mushy and weak. This isn't my first realization, of course. But the idea of working weights into my schedule again presented itself.

I think I can do it. I haven't been running on Mondays because of our Sunday long runs. And Thursdays are my only day at the gym. Maybe I can do weights Monday and Thursday before spinning if I'm not at work in the morning. That would be two days, which I think is reasonable and won't stress the load of running days.

I think I'll give it a shot. I am doing well not making excuses and prioritizing my runs. Now let's see if I can better round out my fitness. Oh no, not round! That's the wrong word choice! Chisel! Chisel!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment