I rode 30 miles this evening. Why not. 30 miles...arbitrary. Last ride I did ('roid ride) was 22.5 miles. This seemed like a decent increase.
I feel fine. The ride was fun. I went at a moderate pace, picking it up here and there when I felt like it. I was definitely getting tired by the end. And my butt/nether region was getting pretty uncomfortable. I think I might invest in some Monkey Butt (chamois cream).
In terms of happenings along 30 miles...because that is quite a distance...it was relatively uneventful. Right away I was stung by something on my back. That was annoying, but it didn't itch, just hurt. I forgot my water bottle. But I started at the Train Stop which had water. Then Morrow had water, 9 miles up. Then I had another 6 to make it to 15 and turn around, and got water again at around 21. Then it was back to the start at 30, where water was waiting. I only falsely grabbed for my bottle that wasn't there twice :)
I really almost hit a squirrel. I yelled and braced myself for the crunch. It was that close. The little guy was on the right side of the road, and then decided to run across in front of me. It was so close, it was visibly under my tire from my perspective on the bike. I am still amazed I didn't run over it. And I'm glad I didn't because it probably wouldn't have killed it instantly...ug.
I was pretty tired when I got back, but my legs feel great. Good cross training. I think I'll take the day off tomorrow and run a little Saturday. Sunday is scheduled as 8. I'd like to try somewhere else besides the trail. I'm afraid I'm getting burned out on it already. Maybe just leaving the long runs there will be good.
No comments:
Post a Comment